Logo

Eagles Monster DT Leaves Jalen Carter Stunned — Says “He’s Faster Than Me Now”


Philadelphia, PA – August , 2025

Some summers pass quietly. This one didn’t — not for Jordan Davis.

There were no viral gym clips. No social media declarations. Davis just showed up to Eagles training camp with a new body, a sharper mindset, and a burst of speed that made everyone stop and look twice.

To those who’ve watched him since his rookie season, this isn’t the same towering figure who walked the draft stage years ago. Davis is leaner now. Quicker. More explosive. And his teammates are taking notice.

“He dropped weight, kept his power, and now he’s faster than me,” said fellow defensive lineman Jalen Carter, shaking his head with a smile. “Back at Georgia, JD was quick. But now? He’s on another level.”

Reports say Davis has lost more than 26 pounds from last season — but this wasn’t for optics. This was about dominance. Davis didn’t reshape his body to impress fans. He did it to become an unstoppable force in the middle of Philadelphia’s defensive line.

While some young players are still trying to find themselves, Davis has already made his choice: turn his size and speed into a weapon — a silent threat every offense will have to account for.

He may not have been the flashiest name during the Eagles’ Super Bowl run last year, but inside the building, everyone knows Davis is the anchor — the wall that opposing offenses have to get through first. That’s why the team didn’t hesitate to pick up his fifth-year option, locking him in through 2026 for nearly $13 million.

No one is saying it out loud yet, but there’s a growing sense around the team: Jordan Davis isn’t just a gap-filler anymore. He’s a game-changer.

“I want to be a leader in this room,” Davis said last season, his tone calm but focused. “I don’t need the noise. I just need the field.”

Now, with a rebuilt frame, the same relentless work ethic, and a hunger that hasn’t faded, Jordan Davis is no longer just the quiet giant. He’s ready to make the entire league say his name.

NFL Fines Eagles LB Zack Baun for "Unnecessary Roughness" Play in Broncos Game
New York, October 12, 2025 – The National Football League (NFL) has officially announced a fine against Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Zack Baun for a violation of "unnecessary roughness" during the game against the Denver Broncos on October 5. According to the NFL office's announcement, Baun has been fined $23,186 – the standard amount for a first-time offense involving the use of the helmet in late hits. This decision was made after the referee committee and player safety board reviewed the replay video, even though the play was already penalized on the field with 15 yards and an automatic first down. The game at Lincoln Financial Field ended in a 24-21 loss for the Eagles, and Baun's violation is seen as one of the key factors that helped the Broncos maintain their offensive momentum in the final quarter. "We always prioritize player safety," an NFL spokesperson stated in the release. "Plays like this, even if unintentional, pose a serious risk of injury and must be dealt with strictly to set an example." Details of the Violation The play occurred in the fourth quarter, with about 2:25 remaining, when the Broncos were in a 3rd & 2 situation (third down and 2 yards to go for first down), leading 18-17. Broncos running back Javonte Williams (#33) took the ball and rushed forward, extending his arm to reach the first-down marker. Eagles' Zack Baun (#53) charged in from behind at high speed, making a hard helmet contact to Williams' head/neck area just as he was going down. The broadcast replay video shows: Williams was in a "defenseless" position as he extended and was nearly on the ground. Baun's hit was deemed a "late hit" with helmet-to-helmet contact, violating NFL Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8 on unnecessary roughness. The referees immediately threw the flag, resulting in the Broncos gaining 15 yards and an automatic first down, allowing them to control the clock and score the deciding points. Baun, who recently joined the Eagles from the New Orleans Saints, admitted his mistake in a post-game interview: "That was a dumb mistake. I was just trying to stop the first down, but I went over the line. I'll learn from this." However, he has the right to appeal the fine under the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between the NFL and the Players Association (NFLPA). If the appeal fails, the fine amount will be deducted directly from his salary. Impact and Reactions This fine not only affects Baun's wallet (his base salary for 2025 is around $1.5 million) but also sparks debate about the NFL's consistency in handling safety violations. Eagles fans on social media argue that the play was a "bang-bang" (quickly unfolding) situation and not deserving of a heavy fine, while Broncos fans support the decision as it protects players like Williams, who fortunately avoided serious injury. Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni commented: "Zack is a great player, but we have to follow the rules. This is a lesson for the whole team on maintaining control in high-pressure situations." The NFL noted that this is Baun's first violation in the 2025 season, so the fine is at the base level. If he reoffends, the fine could increase to $46,371 or higher, based on recent cases like Saquon Barkley (also of the Eagles) who was fined $46,371 for using the helmet in the game against the Chiefs. This incident is part of the NFL's trend of intensifying penalties for unnecessary roughness to reduce head injuries, with an average of 1.56 such penalties per team in the 2025 season. The Eagles, now with a 3-2 record after the loss to the Broncos, will face challenges as Baun may be under closer scrutiny in upcoming games. The NFL has not disclosed any additional fines from this game, but the committee is continuing to review other controversial plays, including Bo Nix's incomplete pass and the uncalled DPI on Dallas Goedert. View the violation video here